Concealer is great item in makeup which can disguise dark circle, acne, blemishes or scars perfectly, changing tired and dull looks into brighter and your makeup much better. All what you need is right concealer, techniques and skills to apply.
Choice of concealer
Selection of concealer is very important to give the skin flawless look
- Choose the concealer one shade lighter than your foundation.
- For oily skin choose stick concealer.
- For dry and sensitive skin choose liquid concealer.
- If colour of your blemishes/dark circles is dark, use full coverage concealers.
- If your blemishes are lighter, use sheer to medium coverage.
- If your skin colour changes to dark in summer, choose dark concealer in summer.
- Choose a creamy concealer for a fat blemish.
- Choose a liquid concealer for dark circles
- Choose a concentrated concealer for a scar
- Use with foundation for uneven skin tone
How to apply
First wash your face to remove dead skin, white & blackheads, oil and dirt but avoid using harsh cleansers. Dry your face and apply moisturiser according to your skin type. Apply a very thin layer of foundation with your ring finger (for gentle pressure). It’s over with foundation, now its time to conceal your dark circles, acne or blemishes.
Many beauty editors skip the foundation and only use the concealer. Secret to apply a concealer flawlessly is choosing right shade and blending in it to look flawless. Yellow coloured concealer is good for dark circles but use one layer of peach toned concealer for dark circles having greenish ting followed by the yellow toned concealer.
- Dab a tiny drop of your concealer under your eye covering the area between tear duct and Nose Bridge.
- Pat with your ring finger form inner corner to the outer corner of the eye. Start from closer area of your eye and moving away but do not squint the eyes to avoid imperfection. Keep dabbing with your ring finger until you get the desirable results.
- Now brush over with your foundation brush to smooth and blend with foundation starting from nose moving outward and from eye to downward. This will give you a natural look.
- After that, apply translucent powder using powder brush patting just lightly on powder. Use the same motion used previously for foundation brush.
- When your upper cheek and eyes are done, move forward for brows and nose. Apply the concealer above the brows and over half of your nose in T shape pattern. Use the same techniques as used for under the eyes.
- Also apply concealer along outer edges of nostrils and cheek crease from mouth to nose corners.